Laundry is not a task I feel I am an expert on, but there are two things that have helped manage the laundry situation in my home:
- Purge, purge, purge! Consider how many and what items you need to keep, and let go of the rest.
- Create a schedule! Such a simple thing as a laundry schedule can keep that mountain under control!
Here is my simple laundry schedule:
- Sunday: Bath and kitchen linens
- Monday: Adult laundry
- Tuesday: Miscellaneous laundry (such as blankets, curtains, dog bed, throw pillows, etc.)
- Wednesday: Kids laundry
- Thursday: Adult laundry
- Friday: Bed linens (alternating every 2 weeks between the kids' bed linens and our master bedroom linens)
- Saturday: NO laundry today!
- Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman - Anne Ortlund - Written about all areas of a woman's life in which to be disciplined, including wardrobe!
- Large Family Logistics - Kim Brenneman - LOVE this book! It is modern, fresh, encouraging for the Christian homemaker, and FULL of helpful tips for managing our homes (and yes, doing the laundry)!
Now it's your turn!
Domestically Divine is a homemaking linkup where we can equip and encourage one another in our high calling as wives, mothers, and homemakers.
Below you can share the link to a post or article on your blog about homemaking. It can be anything that you have learned to make your life Divine. Share tips on home design, cleaning, cooking, health and nutrition, sewing, raising children, home education, homemaking giveaways, marriage, etc....
To share a link to your post about homemaking, you can use the Linky below. Share your link (make sure the link goes directly to your post), title, and image. It's that easy!
Don’t forget to link back here so that others can join in.