Tips on having a quiet and peaceable home
|ART PRINTS - Art.com!|
- Get up before the children if possible. Spend some quiet time reading, journaling, and praying. Clear your mind during this time and give it up to God.
- Establish a quiet hour for you and children. Have the children read a book, draw, or play quietly in their rooms. If children share a bedroom, separate them. Mom, make it a point to be quiet too. Read a book, journal, or nap.
- Do not yell for the children to come. This is a hard one for me. Use a bell or a small whistle, but don't yell for them. Why? Because children are copycats and they will begin yelling for you. If children yell for you, don't answer back. Ignore them and establish a rule that they must come and speak quietly before you. Be attentive when they speak.
- Keep the kitchen sink and counter clean. When you wake in the morning everything is set to go. Big help.
- Have a set routine for bedtime. Start getting children ready an hour before bedtime by washing hands and brushing teeth, putting on pajamas, and reading a bedtime story. I switch it around from bedtime stories to Adventures in Odyssey.
- Stop bickering and petty arguments between siblings. Teach them how to handle disagreements or offenses. Mom and Dad should keep a united front. If mom and dad disagree on a situation, disagree privately. A house divided cannot stand.
How do you keep a peaceable home?
Domestically Divine is a homemaking linkup where we can equip and encourage one another in our high calling as wives, mothers, and homemakers.
Below you can share the link to a post or article on your blog about homemaking. It can be anything that you have learned to make your life Divine. Share tips on home design, cleaning, cooking, health and nutrition, sewing, raising children, home education, homemaking giveaways, marriage, etc....
To share a link to your post about homemaking, you can use the Linky below. Share your link (make sure the link goes directly to your post), title, and image. It's that easy!
Don’t forget to link back here so that others can join in.
Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox or RSS feed! Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.
In participation with: